(For Vinaigrette Dressing)
fork or small whisk
( For Salad)
6 salad plates
1 clove of garlic or garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
2 teaspoons of curry powder
1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
1 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 Tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 pound of beets, cooked
1 firm apple
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
6 cups salad greens
1. With garlic press, press one glove of garlic into small bowl (alternately use 1 teaspoon garlic paste).
2. Measure and add salt, curry powder, and ginger and blend well.
3. Stir in the vinegar, then whisk in the oil and set aside.
4. Wash and quarter the apple and cut it into bite-size pieces, put in large bowl.
5. Wash, slice, and measure celery and the whites of scallions, add to bowl.
6. Measure the walnuts and raisins add both of these to the bowl as well.
7. Slice beets into wedges and add to bowl. (You may want to use disposable gloves and lightly oil cutting board to keep any staining with beet juice to a minimum.) Add 3 Tablespoons of the dressing and mix well.
8. Wash greens if necessary and add to a large bowl. Lightly dress the greens with some of the remaining dressing.
9. Plate the greens on the six salad plates and top with the beet mixture in the other bowl.
Directions for Proceeding
Cook 1 Cook 2
1. Complete steps 1,2, 3 1. Complete step 4
2. Complete step 5 2. Complete step 6
3. Complete step 7 3. Complete step 8
4. Complete step 9 together