2 Cutting boards
Shallow baking pan
2 diced tomatoes
1/4 cup basil
6 teaspoons of olive oil
6 (6-8 ounces) salmon fillets
salt and pepper
Please read the entire recipe before beginning. Preparation time is about 30 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut the parchment paper in 14 inch squares, if not already cut.
3. Drain the diced tomatoes.
4. Slice the mushrooms thinly.
5. Slice the scallions thinly.
6. Coarsely chop the basil leaves.
7. Place 1/6th of the tomatoes and mushrooms in the center of each parchment circle.
8. Top each mixture with 1 fillet. Season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
9. Top the fillet with 1/6th of the scallions and 1/6th of the basil.
10. Lift the sides of the parchment paper on each side of the fillet, close them together, and fold over entire length of the edge ¼ inch in a series of long, thin folds. Repeat the folding process until the paper is tightly sealed, particularly the ends and tuck under the fish.
11. Place the packets on a shallow baking dish and bake them in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. The packets will puff up.
12. Transfer the packets with a large spatula onto individual plate. Cut the tops open (or have the guests do so) and serve.
Prepare the packets of salmon and do not put them in the oven until the guests are sitting down for the soup. If the mood is particularly leisurely, you might want to wait until the guests are almost done with the soup.
1. With Cook 2, complete steps 1 and 2.
2. Complete step 4.
3. Complete step 6
4. Complete steps 7 – 13.
1. Complete step 3
2. Complete step 5
3. Complete steps 7-13