knife for chopping
large nonstick skillet
pot for rice
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons butter
4 oz softened goat cheese
6 (~5-oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
( or chicken tenderloins)
3/4 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup sliced carrots
2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup rice
1. Heat water for rice and begin cooking rice when water boils.
2. Take goat cheese out of refrigerator to soften.
3. Chop the onion, slice the carrot, and mince the garlic.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add items from step 3 and sauté for 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
6. Add 1 more tablespoon of butter and brown chicken on both sides, about for 2-3 minutes per side.
7. Return sautéed vegetables to pan with chicken, stir in broth, tarragon and salt. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 min or until chicken is done, turning half way through.
8. Dot each thigh or cutlet with 1/6 of goat cheese, cover and simmer for about 4 minutes until cheese is warm.
9. Plate over the cooked rice
Directions for Proceeding:
Cook 1 Cook 2
1. Complete step 1-2 1. Complete step 3
2. Complete steps 4-5 2. Complete steps 6
3. Complete step 7 3. Complete step 8
4. Complete step 9 together