2 medium size pots
5 cups chicken broth
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup light cream
1 medium onion
1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup peas, thawed if frozen
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Please read the entire recipe before beginning.
1. Put broth in one of the pots and bring to simmer.
2. Chop the onion
3. Put 2 tablespoons of butter and the tablespoon of oil in the other pot and heat to moderate temperature. Add chopped onion to heated oil. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes until softened, but not browned.
4. Measure rice and and to onions. Using the wooden spoon, stir for 1 minute, making sure all the grains are well-coated.
5. Begin to add the simmering broth, ½ cup at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until each addition is almost completely absorbed before adding the next ½ cup, reserving about ¼ cup to add at the end. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
6. After approximately 18 minutes, when the rice is tender but still firm, add the reserve broth, cream, and peas and stir well.
7. Turn off the heat and immediately add the rest (1 Tablespoon) of butter and Parmesan and stir vigorously to combine with the rice.
8. Plate the six dishes and serve immediately.
Directions for Proceeding:
Cook 1 Cook2
1. Complete step 1 1. Complete step 2
2. Complete step 3 2. Complete step 4
3. Complete remaining steps together