6 ounces of prunes , halved
4 Tablespoon of brandy
1/4 cup of cocoa
3 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 ounces of butter
3/4 cup of sugar, divided
4 large egg whites
3/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
(whip cream for serving - optional
1. Put the prunes and brandy in a small bowl and let them soak for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
3. Put the cocoa, chocolate, and 1/2 cup sugar in a pan and add 1/4 cup of hot water. Gently heat until the mixture is smooth. Let it cool slightly
4. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and then gradually add the remaining sugar
(1/4 cup). Gently fold in the flour and cinnamon until evenly combined..
5. Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Arrange the prunes over the top - they will sink during the baking. Bake for about 30 minutes until just firm.
Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.