_____ cookie sheet
_____ cutting board
_____ cutting knife
_____ measuring spoons
_____ small bowl
_____ large bowl
_____ salad plates
* orange-infused olive oil make this
salad very special
**choose your favorite greens
Please read the entire recipe before beginning.
_____ 1/2 cup walnut pieces
_____ 1 small shallot
_____ 1/2 teaspoon orange peel
_____ 1/2 cup olive oil *
_____ 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
_____ 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
_____ 1/4 teaspoon salt
_____ 6 cups of lettuce **
_____ 4 stalks of celery
_____ 1/4 cup golden raisins
_____ 4 large radishes
_____ 1 Fuji apple, large
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the walnuts on the cookie sheet and toast until golden fragrant. (About 5 minutes, but keep watching so they don’t burn. Set aside.
2. Mince the shallot and whisk together with orange peel, oil, vinegar, salt, and cumin in a small bowl.
3. Put the salad greens in a large bowl.
4. Half the radishes lengthwise and cut them thinly crosswise, add to greens
5. Slice the celery thinly and measure the raisins, add to greens
6. Quarter and core apple and slice thinly, add to greens
7. Toss greens with about 1/4 cup of dressing.
8. Plate the salad and sprinkle with walnuts and pass the rest of dressing