Sauté pan or baking sheet
Individual dessert dishes
1/2 cup silvered almonds
1 cup fresh or frozen cherries*
12 ounces of cream cheese**
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk**
3 Tablespoons brandy
1 1/2 cup whipped topping
Favorite cookies (optional)
* If fresh, a cherry pitter is helpful
** These ingredients may be whole fat, low fat, or no fat; the calories and fat changes more than the taste.
Please read the entire recipe before beginning. Preparation time is about 20 minutes.
1. Heat the almonds over medium-low heat in the sauté pan. Stir them often until they are golden and emit a nutty aroma. (Watch them carefully as they can burn easily.) Spread them out on a large plate to cool and stop the cooking.
2. Remove pits from cherries if necessary. Cut each cherry into about three pieces and mix them together with the brandy in a small bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the mixer until it is smooth and fluffy.
4. Slowly add the sugar to the cream cheese, beating constantly. Add the milk and beat the mixture until it is well-blended.
5. Add the cherries and brandy, stirring the mixture gently until they are evenly distributed.
6. Gently stir in the frozen topping.
7. Divide the mixture evenly into dessert dishes and garnish with the almonds.
8. Chill the desserts until they are ready to eat.
9. Serve the dessert with cookies. (optional)
Directions for Proceeding
Cook 1 Cook 2
1. Complete step 1 1. Complete step 2
2. Complete step 3 2. Complete step 4-5
3. Complete step 6 3. With partner,
If you must pit the cherries, the dessert will probably take about 30 minutes, rather than 20. You need not hurry eating the meal; this dessert is best if it chills for at least an hour in the refrigerator.