8-inch square baking pan
Foil or parchment paper
Instant read thermometer (optional)
1 cup flour
3/8 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp salt
7 Tablespoons unsalted butter,
softened & cut into 1-inch pieces
7 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2c. lemon juice, preferably fresh squeezed
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
Crust: (Heat oven to 350 degrees.)
1. Spray the baking pan with cooking spray and cut a piece of the foil or parchment paper to line the pan , pushing it into the corners, with at least 2 sides overlapping the sides of the pan. Spray the lining with cooking spray too.
2. Measure the flour, 3/8 cup of the confectioners sugar, and salt in the food processor. Process briefly.
3. Add 5 Tablespoons of butter and process to blend (8-10 seconds), continue processing until the mixture is pale yellow and resembles coarse meal, about three 1-second pulses.
4. Sprinkle he mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly with your fingers into an even layer over the entire pan bottom. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. ( or until filling is done.)
1. In a medium bowl, add 5 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs until combined about 5 seconds. Add the granulated sugar and whisk until just combined, about 5 seconds. Add the lemon juice and zest and salt, which until combined, about 5 seconds. 2. Transfer the mixture to a medium saucepan, add the remaining butter, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the curd thickens to a thin sauce-like consistency