Rolled Chicken Cutlet
2 glass pie plates
1/3 cup measure
Aluminum foil or
2 pounds of chicken cutlets
(about 12 cutlets)
12 very thinly sliced pieces ham
6 thin slices of Swiss cheese
3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3 eggs beaten
1 Tablespoon oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place each chicken cutlet on the cutting surface and check that each piece is skinned, boned and extra fat removed.
3. Pound each piece lightly with a mallet until cutlet is flat.
4. Place one slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each breast.
5.. Combine oil and eggs into one pie plate. Mix well.
6. Place breadcrumbs into the other pan.
7. Roll up breast like a jelly roll, pressing to seal well.
8. Dip chicken rolls first in the eggbeater mixture with one hand and roll in crumbs with other hand.
9. Place in shallow baking pan lined with lightly oiled aluminum foil or parchment paper (parchment paper does not need oil)
10. Coordinate baking time of 20-25 minutes with risotto team. Chicken should finish baking at least 15 -20 minutes after risotto is served.
Check temperature of chicken as it comes out of the oven. Chicken should be 165 degrees.
Directions for Proceeding
Cook 1 Cook 2
1. Complete step 1 1. Complete step 2
2. Complete step 3 together
3. Complete step 4 3. Complete step 5 & 6
4. Complete step 7 4. Complete step 8
5. Complete remaining steps 9-10 together