2 glass pie plates
1/3 cup measure
Aluminum foil or
6 (4 oz) chicken breasts
(skinless & boneless)
6 slices prosciutto or sliced ham
6 slices of Swiss cheese
1 large tomato
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
or 1 teaspoon fresh sage
3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3 eggs beaten
1 Tablespoon oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place each chicken breast on the cutting surface and check that each piece is skinned, boned and extra fat removed.
3. Pound each piece lightly with a mallet until chicken is until uniform thickness (about ½ inch thick)
4. Place one slice of prosciutto and 1 slice of cheese on each breast, cut to fit 3/8 of an inch from the edge.
5. Chop the tomato.
6. Combine oil and eggs into one pie plate. Mix well.
7. Place breadcrumbs into the other pan.
8. Top each breast with tomato pieces and a dash of sage.
9. Roll up breast like a jelly roll, pressing to seal well. Use a toothpick to hold rolled breast. (Note: You may wish to simply fold over the chicken like a book)
10. Dip chicken rolls first in the eggbeater mixture and roll in crumbs
11. Place in shallow baking pan lined with lightly oiled aluminum foil or parchment paper (parchment paper does not need oil)
12. Coordinate baking time of 40-45 minutes with risotto team. Chicken should finish baking at least 15 -20 minutes after risotto is served (Note: If chicken has been folded instead of rolled, decrease baking time by about 5 minutes
Check temperature of chicken as it comes out of the oven. Chicken should be 165 degrees.
Directions for Proceeding
Cook 1 Cook 2
1. Complete step 1 1. Complete step 2
2. Complete step 3 together
3. Complete step 4 3. Complete step 5 & 6
4. Complete step 7 4. Complete step 8
5. Complete remaining steps 9-12 together