Double Chocolate Souffle
6(8-oz.) soufflé dishes
small sauce pan
2 large bowls
electric or hand beater
9 x 13 baking pan
3 teaspoons of sugar (to coat soufflé's dishes)
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup skim milk
3 oz. mini bittersweet chocolate morsels
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
6 large egg whites
1. Coat soufflé dishes with cooking spray and sprinkle each bottom and side with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
2. In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt. Put over medium high heat and while stirring with a whisk, gradually add the milk and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened stirring constantly and remove from heat.
3. Add the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
4. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature and then stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 egg yolk.
5. Place 6 large egg whites into a second bowl and mix at high speed until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and then gently fold the remaining egg whites.
7. Place dishes on baking sheet and place on bottom rack of a 425 degree oven. Immediately turn down to 350 and bake 40 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Directions for Proceeding:
Cook 1 Cook 2
1. Complete step 1 1. Complete step 2
2. Complete step 3 2. Complete step 4
3. Complete step 5 3. Complete step 6
4. Finish steps 7 - 10 together